.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Sukatan!

I just got introduced to this game Catan.  And man did I suck!  And is Kieran ever good.  He's got a winning record against just about everyone we've played against.  But yesterday I finally won my first game of CATAN!

I'm not really sure how I won.  But the dice just kept rolling my way.  And I was making deals and whenever the 'Robber' came up, I sometimes had no cards to steal.  It just worked out.  It's not a good idea to stockpile cards.  You need to make something happen on your turn and make deals when you can.


When I would give up something in a trade, I'd end up getting it back on the next roll of the dice.  

And neither of my two opponents really were keeping tabs on my progress as I was behind in points.  Also I was never a threat to win in any prior games.  So they ignored the 'old guy' playing.

But in a few turns I quickly caught up and won!  I could not believe it.  I've been close before and lost.  But it was my first win at Catan!

If you haven't played it.  You gotta try it.