.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Babies-R-SukaBoy

With a SIN number in hand, we were ready to put this kid to work.

About 6 months ago, I signed Kieran up with an agency. I thought what the heck. He should be allowed to make some money to put towards his education. With the rising costs, every penny helps.

So about a week ago, Kieran got his first two paychecks. Woo Hoo! Finally.
Straight into his RESP they go. Still not sure if the body rash he got from wearing the clothes for the photo shoot was worth it.

Tresa and I were on our way to Sherway and dropped by the Toys-R-Us to see if the catalog was out. We were told that it should be out mid-March. And sure enough the Canadian arm of Babies-R-Us had released it's catalog.

His photo shoot with the Baby Bjorn didn't make it into the catalog, but his second photo shoot did.
When I first checked the catalog I looked for the Baby Bjorn. I recognized the model, but the baby in it wasn't Kieran. I thought, oh well, at least he got paid. Then I looked for the clothing shot, I had to do a double take because I wasn't exactly sure if that was Kieran or not. It wasn't the best shot of Kieran, but it's the clothing they're trying show here, not the kid. Plus he wasn't all that happy getting his feet jammed into a shoe 1 size too small.

But that IS him on page 59 of the catalog, top right. He's the only Asian looking kid on the page. And it's hard to miss the lips squeezing cheeks.

There was a commercial that's been airing recently from the government, dept of health. It has a black backdrop and a whole wack diseases in white lettering and a bunch of naked babies on it. Kieran did an audition for this but ended up peeing all over Tresa. Oh well, that's what happens when you mix cold air and stressed naked babes.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my God! WHAT A CUTIE. those are great photos. congrats to K for his first modelling gig

hugs
cheshmak

Tue Mar 14, 08:59:00 AM EST

 

Post a Comment