.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Shrimp King

We've driven by this place every time we visit my cousin in NJ. I love seafood. And it looks like a hole in the wall. Or in this case a hole in the ground. But sometimes these types of places are a diamond in the rough. If it's been around for a long time and it looks like this, there might be a tasty reason it's still in business.

Anyways, I finally went in to get some takeout fish and chips and some shrimps (it is Shrimp King you know).

The fish was sole. The fries were ok. I noticed the shrimp was frozen and in a bag that was probably bought at Costco. The fish was in a breaded batter or something. It was tough and overall...not that good.

So now I know that there's a good reason the place looks the way it does. It's a reflection of the food.
We still drive by Shrimp King, but now when I see it instead of stopping, we're going to keep driving by.