.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, March 13, 2006

Did I see a groundhog?

Hey Spring is in the air and this is what is left of Old Man winter. This stubborn patch of ice on our grub eaten lawn.

For a while we thought our lawn was just crappy because I wasn't watering it enough. But water doesn't leave little holes in the lawn.

And it also doesn't attract skunks. They're the culprits digging holes. At first I thought it was squirrels trying to remember where they buried their nuts.

It was a beautiful weekend, filled with lots of work to do to ruin it for me.
We hadn't been to the St. Lawrence Market since Tresa was pregnant. So we packed him in the backpack carrier and we were off.
He doesn't really like the carrier all that much, but it's convenient. The stroller tends to be cumbersome trying to maneuver in crowded places. The backpack can get a little heavy at times but I think it's just a matter of having it set up correctly. And I think it may also have to do with me not working out at the gym.

Well here come the chores. So we rented a steam cleaner to clean the rugs in the house and especially the basement. After 3-1/2 years of living in our house, it's never been done. Soap not included. There's a hand tool as well. Comes in handy on stairs or tight areas.

For anyone that's been in our house. You should see the basement now. It's clean. I had to clean up the garage to move some big stuff there.

I didn't even realize that Home Depot carried this equipment. And I was glad it wasn't the humongous type that you used to see at Food City or Loblaws. You know the Easy-Off gadget that you needed a trailer to bring home.

We even taught Kieran to do his own laundry. Just give him some food. He doesn't do it for free you know. Next trick is cleaning the car. Wax on, wax off.

Click HERE for more photos