.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Woodbury Commoners

We went to Woodbury Common and I was really feeling the heat and sun beating down on me. I was still suffering from a mild form of heat exhaustion from the race I did on Monday. We've been going out every day to the beach and to the boardwalk and it's been getting warmer every day. So I've been feeling dizzy and nauseated every day. And I feel it more when we're in the car and in the hot sun.

WC was designed like a mouse maze. They've done their research and they've discovered that shoppers are like mice, and high end designer merchandise on sale is like really nice blue cheese.

This is the TK path. Can you follow her through the maze? Can you help Ray and Kieran get home safely?

It was so hot I stayed in the Food Court in the middle. Wished I'd brought my walkie-talkies to find out where in the maze she was. You could almost do an adventure/scavenger hunt here.

But Kieran was fine. There's a play park at WC, so he wasn't bored. So I stayed in the shade while he puttered around. There's a climbing wall on the side there of this jungle gym. See that girl there. She's stuck and calling for her dad.


The guys selling Hagen Das ice cream are pretty agressive. Well one east indian vendor was, Kieran saw the sign and it was hot so I said ok. But I was looking for a popsicle for like 75 cents. Not a $5 rip off dessert. Most of the stuff He couldn't have, but the one thing he could the guy didn't hand it to me. Cuz I was saying no thanks. He handed it to Kieran. I was hot and fatigued and couldn't put up the usual fight. So I caved. I asked Kieran if he had money. His response - "I have no money, you have money."
But I took a bite. Kid has to learn to share you know, besides I paid for the darn thing.


But this is my most memorable moment there. I think this was a hallowe'en costume. But usually there are these udders attached to them.