.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, December 18, 2009

Season's Greetings

So far it's been a mild winter. I've shoveled snow once.



Last year we had a winter storm that dumped a few feet of snow in a matter of a few hours. This year it's looking like a green and dry Christmas. Which I'm not complaining about.



I needed the Indian Summer and the lack of snow. Mother Nature has got my back.
I've been busy every weeknight and weekend working on the last project for the eco-audit. Just wanting to get it done before the heavy snows hit, and we can put our basement back in some kind of order. I'm tired of the drywall dust and itchy insulation. Soon it'll be sanding and priming and painting. But our basement laundry will be usable again. And I can do something else in my evenings instead of cutting wood, plumbing or drywall.

But we've still managed to put up our tree and see many versions of Santa.

Happy Holidays folks.

This is our Ikea tree. This is what you get when you go on a Sunday when the promotion starts on a Friday. You get slim pickings. And this tree would have been alright but it's got a chunk missing from the backside. But what do you expect for 20 bucks and a $20.00 coupon off your next Ikea purchase in Jan. We were planning on getting cabinets for the basement, so we took the hook. Our timing was just off. We'll know better for next year.

It's smaller than our tree last year. Kieran kept saying. Why don't we just get the tree we had last year.
We can't cuz it's land fill now.

And we thought our lights were busted because parts weren't lighting up, but all I had to do was replace some bulbs.
I had gone to CT to get replacement set, but I got our old ones working. But I kept the multicoloured ones for Kieran since he's been asking for coloured lights since last year.
He was happy.

I also had to replace our tree stand, because the two sharp things that stick into the trunk came off leaving a hole in the bowl. I was happy because now I could get something better and simpler.

I went to three different stores. And 2 were sold out of stands. What I ended up getting was a newer model of the same thing that we had, because all the other tree stands were humongous. They were meant for 10ft douglas firs.

What can you do? I had no choice.
Bah...humbug.