.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Playing at Maple Leaf Gardens



It was an 11pm game.  I almost didn't go.  Mostly because it's late and I didn't sleep well the night before and I'd be a wreck the next morning.
But this was Maple Leaf Gardens.
I know it's not where the Leaf's play now.  They moved to the ACC 18 years ago! Feb 1999.  Didn't realize it was that long ago.

But this is where they won all their Stanley Cups.  I couldn't miss this game.  We were playing the top team in our division so i already knew what the outcome would be, just how bad the score was going to be was the question.  I was a bit optimistic since we did score 3 goals on them last time.  But this game we got smoked.  Either we played better last time.  Or this time they were a lot better.  I'm thinking it's the latter.

The main level is where the Loblaws is.  Which is pretty big. It's nice.  Parking underground is accessible from Carlton St.  I wasn't originally going to park there, but glad I did.  It's well lit and easily accessible.  And free parking for 2hrs if you spend $20 at Loblaws. Just don't forget to get your parking ticket stamped.  The machines will read it and you'll be good to go.

Loblaws closes at 11pm so I wasn't sure if what would happen with the parking garage.  But I got out.   I wasn't locked in so that was good.  The cleaners and re-stockers were there so  I think it's open pretty late.  Actually I don't think there is a gate.  And the parking lot across the street on Church is now a big hole for a condo now, and I didn't know where else to park.

The 2nd level is a basketball court where Kieran and I watch Canada win at the Pan-Am games.  That was exciting!
The ice rink is on the 3rd level.
It's really nice.  Change rooms are a little small, but nice.
It's really warm.  The ice had some soft spots at centre.  But i didn't care.
 I kept looking at the roof.  I was playing at the Gardens.  It was so cool.